Search HS Code or PCT Code
There are two types of codes followed by the Pakistan Customs in order to classify the traded products.
- HS Codes (Harmonized System)
- PCT Codes (Pakistan Customs Tariff)
HS Code is the worldwide standardized coding system designed by the World Customs Organization for the classification of traded goods. There are more than 200 countries that follow this system. This code consists of 6 digits but according to different countries it may vary up to 11 digits. There are more than 5,000 product descriptions which include 21 sections and 99 chapters.
When we talk about the PCT coding system, it consists of 8 digits broken into 3 parts. 1st part consists of 2 digits represented by ‘Chapter’. 2nd part consists of 2 digits represented by ‘Sub- chapter’ and the 3rd part consists of 4 digits represented by the ‘Item code’. After 2nd part there is a decimal point which separates the chapter and sub-chapter from the item code.
- Find PCT Code or HS code by Description of Goods
- Find Description of Goods by PCT Code or HS code
- International Classification of Goods in Harmonized System