Electronic Filing System & iris login
Click the following link for e-Filing:
E-filling is an electronic system introduced by the FBR to facilitate the taxpayers to file income tax returns online. The Government of Pakistan took an initiative to introduce IT and e-commerce in the year of 2000 to facilitate public sector organizations and the general public to use the services of government departments in an enhanced way and to get familiarize with these technologies.
E-filling system was also introduced at that time but officially started in the year 2005 for the registered companies to use e-filling system for tax returns.
Through E-filling system; NTN and sales tax numbers are easily issued, different taxes are easily collected and taxpayers’ records are managed efficiently.
E-filling system for submitting income tax returns is not for everyone. Those companies and individuals having per annum income of Rs. 500,000 or more can be facilitated with this system.
In order to use E-filling system for tax returns, e-enrollment is mandatory because it is required to first enroll and then apply for tax returns through allotted ID and password.
The overall system is excellent because it offers you the variety of benefits like you can file anytime you want, security and accuracy are up to the mark and your refunds are deposited to your bank account directly.
Steps for e-filing of Returns:
- You should be e-enrolled at eFBR Portal Click here to e-Enroll Now (Upon completion of e-Enrollment process, you will be issued User-Id, Password, and PIN immediately)
- Access the eFBR Portal by visiting https://e.fbr.gov.pk
- Login by using your User-Id and Password
- If you are Salaried Person or Business Individual, then your CNIC is your User-Id.
- If you forget your password Click Forget Password and follow the guidelines for getting new password yourself OR Call at (051) 111-772-772 (24 Hrs. Helpline and get
your password via e-Mail)
- After successful Login, follow the following navigation path to prepare your return: Declaration >> Income Tax >> Annual Income Tax Return
- After Preparing the return, first Verify and the Submit the return.
Why Pin is Important? For submission of the return, the system will ask for your PIN which was issued to you during the E-Enrollment process. If you forget your PIN you can generate it as follows:
Self Service while you are logged in Click Change Ping under the Administration link (Your New PIN will be sent to you at your registered e-mail address)
OR Call at 051 11772772 (24 Hrs. Helpline and get your PIN via e-Mail)
FBR E filing Help Line
e filing Helpline provides assistance to the public at large and taxpayers in particular by responding to their queries related to e filing system started by FBR. The purpose of the FBR e filing Helpline is to resolve the day to day problems, issues regarding e-filing system.
051-111-772-772 (9 am to 9 pm)
For NTN verification visit http://www.pakcustoms.org/online_ntn_verification/index.htm